Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

I can't believe there are only 3 days left until Christmas...this is my favorite time of year! Of course, Christmas will be a little different this year as it's our first married Christmas. It's exciting though that Chris and I can start our own Christmas traditions that we will someday carry on with our own family. It's hard for me not to be a little sad about missing my family's traditions- Christmas eve service followed by delicious chowder, stocking first thing in the morning followed by breakfast cooked by my mom and grandmother (yummm...pecan rolls!), and then our big family get together! But, Christmas will go on at home without me and I'll have next year to look forward to! We're going to have a great Christmas! I'm really looking forward to spending the morning with just our little family- our course the dogs get presents too! It will be nice to be a part of new traditions :)

"An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." ~Luke 2:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment