Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Jamie!


April 8, 2011. This is a big day. My favorite brother turns the big 3-0. Wow, it seems like just yesterday that we were two little kids growing up in Maine. So, to honor my brother on his big day, I thought I'd dedicate this blog post to him! I blogged one other time about Jamie..check it out here. I really admire my brother. He has been through a lot in the past 30 years. Here are some things you should probably know about him:

~His real name isn't Jamie. His real name is Benjamin Davis. But, he's always been called Jamie. Who knows, ask my parents.

~He got all the athletic ability in our family. I've always been a little bit (or a lot) jealous. But hey, I started on the Varsity soccer team my freshman year just because I was "Jamie's little sister".

~He can play a mean joke. Like the incident on the bus my freshman year of high school involving my 9th grade crush...need I say more?

~He is the most generous person I know. A few years ago my mom really wanted a new camera for Christmas and while neither of us could really afford it but guess who bought it for her...Jamie. I probably got her a pair of socks or something.

~Looking back, I'm sure I was a really annoying little sister. Jamie tolerated me pretty well. Except that time that I got us both into big trouble and he threw a hair comb at me (an emergency room visit promptly followed). Or all those times that he would sit on top of me and tickle me until I couldn't breathe. But, for the most part, he ignored my pestering pretty well.

~And one more thing you should know. I love my brother. We haven't always been super close and we have both made our fair share of mistakes. But, he will always be my brother and for that I am very thankful.

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY JAMIE!!!



1 comment:

  1. p.s. she didn’t get socks for Christmas that year I got her a wedding planner!! This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. It’s always nice to see how you look through other people’s eyes. And for all you who are reading this Abbie had plenty of athletic ability and made the varsity team on her own. But being my sister may have helped a little  On the subject of being jealous there are plenty of things I am very jealous of her. She’s the most driven and motivated person I know. She knows what she wants and goes out and gets it rather then sitting and hoping the opportunity come to her. Plus she’s "WICKED SMART". Anyways I love her cause of these reasons and because she will always be my little sister.

    ReplyDelete