Wednesday, May 15, 2013

One month!

Measurements: The last time we were at the doctor when Hudson was one week old he was 7 lbs 2 oz (up from 6 lbs 13 oz at birth).  Today he weighed 9 lbs 9.5 oz which put him in the 43rd percentile!  My sweet boy is a good eater!  He is still 21 inches long putting him in the 25th percentile.  He is still wearing newborn clothes but is quickly outgrowing them so we have moved into some 0-3 month things. 

Eats: As I mentioned, Hudson is a good eater!  I nurse him on demand every 2-3 hours.  He has had a few growth spurts already where I feel like I am feeding him all the time.  Last weekend we started giving Hudson one bottle of breast milk at night so Chris can feed him and I can go to bed a little earlier which has been nice.

Sleeps: Thankfully, little man is a good sleeper.  He doesn't sleep a whole lot during the day unless he's in the carseat or stroller but he sleeps well at night.  He started out sleeping the pack n play but we realized that he sleeps better in the rock n play where he is inclined and a bit more confined.  He wakes up to eat every 3-4 hours (we even had one 5 hour stretch!) but generally goes right back to sleep when he's done nursing.  I have sort of been worried about getting him on a schedule during the day but the pediatrician said not to worry about it until he's 2 months old.  So, for now, I'll cherish the moments that he falls asleep on my chest and not worry about putting him in his crib!

It's hard to believe that Hudson is already one month old!  I'm sure I'll say that every month...time goes by way too fast.  I love being a mommy so much and have enjoyed every moment of the past month with my sweet boy.

The weight here isn't right...Hudson was so squirmy it took a good 2 minutes for the scale to even out at 9 lbs 9.5 oz!
Here are some of the "gems" from our photo shoot today
Saved my favorite for last...I love this sweet smile!

1 comment:

  1. So handsome + bright eyed!! Love a healthy eater. :)

    ReplyDelete