Saturday, September 7, 2013

A wonderful week

I took last week off from work and it was wonderful!  My parents came and spent the week with us.  We spent a few days in Asheville (I think the "unique" people we saw could warrant it's own post!).  We did lots of what we Prescotts do best- eating!  There are so many awesome restaurants in Asheville, and a lot of them use locally grown, organic ingredients.  We went to a great breakfast place called Sunny Point on Sunday morning and had to wait over an hour!  But it was so worth it.
We all came back home on Monday (my parents 35th anniversary!) and my parents stayed with us here in Clemmons until Friday.  We went on lots of walks, my parents helped me clean my house (thank you!), and my mom and I did lots of cooking.  We made 2 batches of homemade bread, homemade applesauce, and even homemade cheez-its!  Chris and I are really trying to cut preservatives out of our diet so my mom helped me find some yummy new recipes.
It's always so sad to see my parents leave, but I'm glad they are able to come so often and spend so much quality time with Hudson.  He loves his Bub and Lalla!
 
Taking a "dip" in the pool at the hotel...H wasn't impressed
These two are going to have a very special bond :)
Looking at the mountains out of the hotel window
My parents on their 35th anniversary!!
Love this!
Hanging out with Daddy in Asheville
Mom got her workout doing lunges around the kitchen with H
Homemade applesauce!
Freshly baked loaf of bread...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment