Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A great weekend!










This past Friday Hudson and I flew to Boston (the crazy NC weather didn't mess up my plans thank goodness!) to spend some time with my family and meet my cousin's sweet baby girl who was born on Feb 7th.  Can I just say yet again how incredibly thankful I am that Hudson is such a good traveler??  I had 4 different people tell me how good he was on the flight there...I was one proud mom! 
So, I arrived Friday just to be greeted by yet another snow storm in Boston.  Our original plan was to go to Maine to meet baby Emelia on Saturday but we postponed because of the weather.  So, instead my mom and I went and got pedicures while Hudson and his Bubs had some good quality time together.  We came home to find them both asleep on the couch...so sweet.  Hudson got to "play" with his cousin Ava that evening (although Hudson doesn't get to play much since Ava hasn't quite learned to share).  It is so special for them to be so close in age and hopefully they will grow up to be great friends. On Sunday we spent the afternoon with some more of our extended family at my aunt and uncle's house.  They have an indoor pool so we took all the kids swimming.  They had a blast! We finally made it to Maine to meet the baby on Monday and oh how adorable she is!!  I don't even remember Hudson being that little although I know he was.  I am so happy for Erin and David, I know they are going to be awesome parents.
I was suppose to come back to NC on Tuesday but surprise, surprise there was another snowstorm! So, I delayed by flight until Monday morning which none of us complained about.  I will always take a little bit more quality time with my family!  I am already looking forward to my next trip in June!
Here's the weekend in pictures:
 
Future pianist?
Someone had some major bed head!
Fun afternoon swimming at our cousin's house!
Ava, Johnny, and their daddy's
This is the best we could do to get all the kids in one picture
Like my paci?
Bubs is already teaching him how to drive!
Sweet Emelia! 
Cuddling with his Lalla
Hudson is not a great sleeper in a pack-n-play...so this is how we ended up every night
Playing a duet already!
Hanging out with Uncle Jamie
Watching the cars go by...
Have you ever seen anything so sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment