Wednesday, May 14, 2014

13 months

I was going to stop doing monthly posts at a year but I don't want to forget how much Hudson is changing each month! So I'm going to do an abbreviated post :)

New things this month: It amazes me how quickly Hudson learns new things. His vocabulary, while not huge, is growing for sure! He says "mama", "dada", "bye", "ball", "up", "no", and makes noises for things that I understand although no one else would (like banana, duck). Hudson understands so much and I love that he's beginning to follow directions! His top two front teeth have been trying to pop through now for about 2 weeks and just today I could feel a little bit of sharpness from one of them finally! 

My favorite things about Hudson this month: Hudson now gives hugs and (slobbery) kisses when you ask for them...so sweet! His love of book continues and some of my favorite moments everyday are when he brings me a book and plops down in my lap to read it. His current favorite is "wheels on the bus" and I'm sure I read/sing it 100 times a day...seriously!  I love that Hudson is a great sleeper/napper right now- he's sleeping 11-12 hours a night and taking 2 naps a day ranging from 1-2 hrs each.  And, he's so happy when he wakes up that sometimes I wonder how long he's been playing in his crib before I notice he's awake.  Today when I went in to get from after his morning nap he fussed when I took him out of the crib because he was having fun playing! 

We love our sweet boy! Here are some pictures from his 13th month:

Swinging with his cousin Ava- two peas in a pod!

Seriously melts my heart...

Best grandfather ever

Chris and I went on our very first date night since Hudson was born and some of our close friends came and kept Hudson- I received a text with this picture which confirmed he was in very good hands!


Another picture from Carl and Ashley while Chris and I were on our date!

Hudson ran a 5k with Mommy...the post race bagels were his favorite part by far!


Love my silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment