Wednesday, October 15, 2014

18 months

Measurements: No official measurements yet (I'll update on 10/22). Hudson is is mostly 18 month clothes but some 24 month shirts and pajamas.

Eats: Hudson still continues to eat pretty much anything although he has started telling me "no" if he's not in the mood for something or has something else in mind that he wants to eat. I have trouble getting him to eat much breakfast, he's never that interested. But, he's a good eater at lunch and dinner thankfully. His currently favorites are still fruit of all kinds (especially blueberries and grapes), black beans, cheese, Greek yogurt, carrots, and anything sweet.  He definitely inherited the sweet tooth from his momma.   

Sleeps: I'm thankful for my good little sleeper.  Hudson loves his crib and reaches for it most nights to go to bed.  He is in bed between 7 and 7:30 and usually sleeps 12 hours. He naps around noon and will sleep anywhere from 1.5-2 hrs.  Yesterday he surprised me with a 2.5 hour nap which I love!

Milestones: Oh my...Hudson talks SO MUCH!  He will mimic basically anything you say and freely says a ton of words. He has even put together a few sentences.  At night, we always sing Hudson the same 3 songs (Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children, and You are my Sunshine).  Tonight after those 3 songs, he looked up at me while I was rocking him and said "Only a boy?" (a song we sing a lot during the day but never at night).  So, he's starting to definitely have preferences and will ASK for them.

Likes: Hudson loves to be outside still although the weather hasn't been great lately so we have been cooped up inside a lot. He also has an infatuation with pumpkins.  Ever since Chris started setting up the pumpkin patch he yells "pumpkin!" with delight every time we see a pumpkin anywhere!  All day he says "Daddy work pumpkins". His favorite friend to play with is Noah and he asks for him several times a day.  This morning Hudson and I were out for a walk and I asked him "What do you want to play with when we get home?".  He looked up at me and said "Noah."  He can't get enough of his little buddy! He still loves books although he usually doesn't want Mommy to read to him anymore.  He usually picks a book out and I'll say "Do you want Mommy to read to you?" and he says "No, Hudson!"  And he will sit down and flip through the pages himself!

Dislikes:  Well, I still very much have a momma's boy on my hands and his separation anxiety isn't getting a ton better. However, if he's familiar with a situation (church, his buddy Noah's house) than he's ok with me leaving.  But, if it's a new situation it's total meltdown.  Hudson also has a pretty strong temper.  He does not like to be told "no" and can have a pretty good tantrum if he is.  I'm trying my best to ignore these and hoping that he grows out of it quickly!

This might be my favorite age yet (although I have said that a lot).  Watching Hudson grow up just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter.  I love seeing him learn new things or grasp new concepts. I can't believe he's already a year and a half old!  Where does the time go?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment