Sunday, October 18, 2015

Catching up

Life has been a little crazy lately. Blogging has been put on the back burner but this is my 3rd blog post in as many days so maybe I can finally get caught up!

1) Chris is currently running for Clemmons Town Council. It's kept him really busy with meet and greets, forums, meetings, etc.  But, I do think he's really enjoying the whole experience so I'm trying to be supportive! The election is November 3rd so things will calm down after that.

2) I have a lot going on in my work world lately. This is our busy season for Novant.  I have worked 50 hours over the past two weeks.  For full time working folks this doesn't sound like a lot but when I'm used to being home with my kiddos 85% of the time, it's a lot.  Things will slow down in the middle of November but until then I'm working quite a bit.  On another note, I have two other jobs lined up beginning in January.  I am going to be doing some personal training at the Y on a very part-time basis.  There's a lot of benefits to working for the Y and there's no absolute time commitment so that makes it nice.  It will be flexible which we definitely need.  Also, I am going to be an adjunct professor at Salem College.  I may have a little too much on my plate but this was not an opportunity I could pass up.  I interviewed at Salem College actually a few years ago and, while they didn't have any teaching positions open then, they have kept my resume on file.  So, I got an out of the blue phone call a few weeks ago asking if I was interested in teaching their Introduction to Athletic Training class.  It's just twice a week and after talking with Chris, we decided I should do it.  I would love if it could turn into something full time down the road but we'll take it one semester at a time. I'll definitely have to find a good work/life balance starting in January because I can see how it would be easy for me to get wrapped up in work and forget that I am first and foremost a Mommy!

3) I love this time of year.  We have so many fall festivals coming up...the first one is this afternoon when the boys wake up from their naps!  I can't wait to post pictures of their costumes :)  I decided to make both their costumes this year and am pleased with how they came out!

Of course, I can't end any post without a few kid spam pictures!












No comments:

Post a Comment