Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So after 7 years of daily running it finally happened...I got bit by a dog! The pain was so intense that I didn't even dare to look at my leg, I just sprinted the entire way home. When I got in the door, I ran upstairs and, while hyperventilating and crying, woke up my sleeping husband. I just kept yelling "I can't look, I can't look...tell me how bad it is!" Actually, it wasn't as bad as I imagined that it would be. The dog bit pretty hard and I'll have quite the scar but it could have been much much worse. Anyways, I ended up going to the doctor and getting an antibiotic. We found out where the dog lived and I talked to the owners to make sure its shots were up to date, etc. Thankfully it has had its rabies shots! Anyways, I survived my first dog bit experience (and it probably won't be the last!). I made sure to avoid that road while running this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment