Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sweeter than chocolate...

This summer I'm doing a Bible Study on Psalm 119 called Sweeter Than Chocolate. I am only on the first week and it's been SO great already. The psalmist just wants more than anything to be righteous and follow the law of the Lord. It is his delight and his only happiness! We learned this past week that the word "blessed" in the first stanza of the psalm is literally translated "happy happy"! Nothing makes the psalmist more happy (happy!) than to follow the Lord and his commandments. It has really made me ponder what makes me happy and what I value. I think I so often find happiness in things like family, friends, being successful at my job, etc. that I forgot that happiness really comes from living a life that honors the Lord. Talk about conviction! So often I "wander" from the Lord's commandments and don't even realize I'm doing it. Thank goodness that we serve such a forgiving Lord! I am looking forward to the next 6 weeks of Bible study...I've only read vs 1-16 so far and have already been blessed! Did you know that Psalm 119 is the longest book in the Bible with 176 verses! I have a long way to go :)

"How can a young man keep his way pure ? By keeping it according to Your word. With all my heart I have sought You; Do not let me wander from Your commandments. Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You."
~Psalm 119:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment