Monday, November 29, 2010

Jesus loves the little children...

It's been a while since I've blogged...for a few reasons. First of all, we have been busy with all the holiday festivities...Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, decorating the tree, etc. Secondly, there have been a lot of emotions swirling around in my head that I haven't been able to articulate.
So, this may be a feeble attempt...
Most of you know that a close family member of ours provides foster care for children in need. So, for the past month or so, Chris and I have had the privilege to get to know three precious foster children- ages 1,2, and 3. When I hear the stories of what they have been through in their short little lives, it breaks my heart. When I think that they may go back into a situation like that, it breaks my heart even more. I am so thankful that these children are experiencing what it's like to be a part of a healthy and loving family, even if it's only for a short time. Every child deserves a home where they are loved and nurtured. Every child deserves to be just that, a child.
Chris and I have had many conversations about where the Lord is leading us. We have both felt strong emotions over the past few months and one thing is for sure- the Lord is calling us to help children in need in some way, whether large or small. We are not sure of His timing or even what He is calling us to do exactly but we are keeping our ears and eyes open because we know He will tell us in His timing. So, I ask two things of you, my blog reader:
1) First and foremost pray for these three foster children. I cannot tell you their names or their story but I will tell you that they are precious and loving children who deserve the same thing in return. I would ask that you pray for their family members to be able to provide a home that nurtures and protects them.
2) Pray that Chris and I are open to the Lord's leading, whatever it may be, however near or far in the future.




1 comment:

  1. Abbie, I can't wait to watch the journey of your family building unfold. I am so excited for what God may have in store for you!

    ReplyDelete