Friday, February 25, 2011

lately...

So, I haven't blogged in a while. I guess I haven't had too much to blog about! But, I'll try to hit the highlights of the past few weeks:
  • First of all, my dad is recovering very well from the surgery that he had a few weeks ago. Thanks to all of you who were praying!
  • Chris and I have become expert couponers! Last week we saved $90 at Harris Teeter. Because of Super Double Coupons we got $140 worth of groceries for just over $50. WOO HOO!
  • We have started the process to become licensed foster parents. I blogged about our desire to do this a few months ago so now it's becoming a reality! The entire process takes about 6 months, I'll keep you posted.
  • I said I wasn't going to watch American Idol this year...but alas, I'm sucked in! Goodbye Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights!
  • We are about to hit the spring craziness in the Wrights household. Chris opening his retail nursery on April 1st (please come!!) which means we will both be working 6 days a week. Also, it's the beginning of softball and kickball seasons! Wait, when will I have time to watch American Idol?? (thank goodness for DVR!)
  • I'm reading a really good book. It's called Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers (you can't go wrong with her books!!). I recommend it.
  • Here's the latest cake I made. It was for some good friend's anniversary. It was my first attempt at a fondant bow. I was pleased with how it turned out but certainly learned some lessons that will help me improve next time!




Well, folks, that's about all I've got for today. Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. We haven't had that much fun or success with couponing yet. We need a training session with you and Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie, that is so exciting to hear about the foster parenting process! I absolutely cannot wait to hear more details. You and Chris have such big hearts, and any child will be so blessed and love to be in your house! I hope you'll blog about whatever you can as you go through the journey!

    ReplyDelete