Friday, February 4, 2011

a lovely (busy) week in Boston

In July of last year my parent's purchased the parsonage they have lived in for the past 12 years. Up until this point, they really haven't done any renovations because they didn't want to put money into a house that they didn't own. But, now that it's theirs they are going full force ahead into renovations! Their big project is the kitchen which they are hiring professionals to do. So, my mom and I decided we would tackle the bathroom while I was visiting this week. Eventually they are actually going to have the bathroom professionally redone (expanded, etc.) but for now we thought we would just update it a bit. For the past 12 years they have had some terrible wallpaper and pretty outdated fixtures. Here's a glimpse of the bathroom after we ripped the wallpaper down (I forgot to take a before picture!):


It's pretty amazing what a few coats of paint can do! The mirror was a terrible wood finish so we just gave it a few coats of white paint and it looks fantastic! Here's our finished product:


I'd say all of our hours of watching HGTV have paid off!

On another note, we celebrated my dad's birthday and here's the cake that my mom and I made him...Devils Delight Chocolate cake with peanut butter cream cheese icing. My nephew said it tasted just like a peanut butter cup, yum!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a transformation! I'll have to stop by your folks' some time to see it in person. And I'd love to see YOU before you head back south...

    ReplyDelete