Wednesday, August 31, 2011

catching up and craziness

So to say my life has been a bit hectic lately would be a major understatement. So, blogging has been put on the back burner. But, I will do my best to hit some of the highlights as of late.
First, take a look at my latest cake. I made this for a runner like myself so I enjoyed doing it! She is turning 30 and running a 30k to celebrate. So, I made a running themed cake. The cake was strawberry flavor with vanilla buttercream. The "dirt" path was made of brown sugar and the rest of the decorations were fondant. Voila:


Last weekend I had the absolute privilege of going to Boston for the marriage of my good friend Monica and her now husband Josh. It was a gorgeous wedding and such a testimony to their love for each other and the Lord. Thankfully the wedding was on Saturday...the day before Hurricane Irene hit Boston! We had our share of wind and rain but thankfully no real damage at my parents house. And, both of my flights were on time which was very pleasantly surprising! Overall my trip was fabulous (despite a short bout of sickness on Saturday). I loved spending time with my family...even without power for a little bit on Saturday! It's always a little hard to leave when I visit, I sure do miss them! Take a look at this gorgeous bride and groom:


So, like I said before, life has been hectic and a little overwhelming. Yesterday I was having a particularly hard day and here's what I came home to:

I sure am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment