Saturday, September 10, 2011

thankful

I haven't blogged much lately. Or at least about anything of real importance. These past few weeks have been a roller coaster. I have experienced the whole gamut of emotions for a lot of reasons and I can't quite articulate what I'm feeling. So, that's really not what this blog post is about. What I do want this post to be about is just how thankful I am for my support systems in life.
First of all, my husband. Sometimes I feel just downright sorry for him, having to deal with me. But he handles it beautifully. Sometimes he just sits and listens, sometimes (ok just one time) he buys me flower, sometimes he sends me encouraging texts at work, and sometimes (he would not admit this) he even cries with me.
My parents have been my rock through my whole life. I honestly don't know what I'd do without them. Today they called me and just listened to me cry through the phone for 30 minutes. The crazy thing was that I had something on my mind that I had not mentioned to them before and when I told them about it my dad said "we've already been praying for you about that". They just knew, crazy. Their encouragement (even from 900 miles away) means the world to me.
I have some pretty awesome friends too. I often have a hard time talking about my feelings because I just can never find the right words. So, I tend to stuff my emotions inside until I feel like I'm going to burst. But, the girl friends that God has placed in my life in NC have always provided a listening ear when I needed one and for that I am very thankful.
I am going through a time in my life where I know the Lord is refining me for the future. I know that someday all the crazy emotions and tears I have been shedding will be used for His glory. There are certainly moments (a lot of them) when my worry takes over but right now I am just learning to take deep breaths and baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment