Monday, May 16, 2011

refreshed.

My job can be great. It can be rewarding, fun, and pretty enjoyable. But, it can also be stressful, exhausting, and overwhelming. For the past few months it's been mostly the latter. I've been getting a bit burnt out. Last week my co-worker (and really good friend!) Christie and I went to Charlotte for a 2 day training. If you're reading this and don't know what I do for work (though I assume most of you do), I work for Wake Forest as an exercise physiologist for a large physical activity study funded by the National Institute of Aging. It's called the LIFE Study, you may have seen our cheesy tv commercials ;) The study actually takes place at 8 universities around the country and last week all of us met in Charlotte. To be honest, I was kind of dreading the whole thing. Spending almost 16 hours in training sessions didn't sound like how I wanted to spend my time. However, the training was wonderful. I left feeling very refreshed about my job. It reminded me why I do this job in the first place. It was so great to hear that other people face the same problems we do! I am hoping this new attitude and outlook on my job holds up...at least until our training next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment