Friday, January 20, 2012

a special friend...

When I moved to North Carolina 5 and 1/2 years ago I didn't know a soul.  I'll be honest, it was really hard to be so far away from my family, friends, and basically everything that I know. But, eight months after I moved here I had the opportunity to become roommates with Alison...see one of my favorite pictures of her below :)


It was really a "God" thing because, even though we hardly knew each other when I moved in, finding a friend like her is rare.  She has been a very special part of my life.  We have gone through a lot in life together- shedding tears together after dating the wrong people, meeting/dating our husbands (the right people!), getting engaged 3 weeks apart, and getting married 3 weeks apart.  But, honestly, it all seems like it happened yesterday.  And now, I am so excited for her and Paul, because in 5 months they are going to bring a precious baby boy into this world!  Gray Christopher is going to be one lucky little boy to have parents like you.  Please please please let his "aunt" Abbie spoil him a little bit :)
I'm so happy for you Al and I love that sweet little boy already!



1 comment:

  1. Abbie this made me cry! And it's not even the pregnancy hormones either ;) I was telling Paul last night how special you were to me and how glad I am that our friendship has grown even deeper over the years, even though we don't live together and see each other every day. I love you Ab!

    ReplyDelete