Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Last year I wrote this post for Father's Day.  It was dedicated to my father, the best dad I could ask for.  This year, I have one more "father" in my life to celebrate.  My husband...
As foster parents there's this strange disconnect between feeling very much like a parent but not really yet being a parent.  So, when I asked Chris what he wanted to do for Father's Day he simply said, "well, I'm not a father yet".  I disagree.  I have never been so proud of Chris than to see him with those two little boys.  He is loving, playful, compassionate, and firm.  All the things a father should be.  He may not be their biological father and they may not live with us forever but I do strongly believe that those two little boy will never forget Chris and the "father" that he was to them.
I am so blessed to call you my husband Chris.  I am thankful for you on this Father's Day.  I know that you will be an amazing father to our children one day, just like you are to our foster children.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment