Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cake catch-up

It was a busy weekend for cakes!  It's actually amazing that I got them done despite a few unforeseen setbacks (long story...better not to ask!).  Also, we had a busy few days of softball...and we ended up winning the league championship!  I am SO proud of our team, we had so much fun and played hard (in the 100 degree heat!).  But, I digress...
Anyways, here are the cakes I made this weekend:

Anniversary cake.  Cake was devils food with chocolate buttercream.  The cake is piped with a large star tip.  The bow and gift tag are made with fondant.

Med school graduation cake.  I actually have to thank my husband for helping with this cake.  I may have baked and iced the cake but he made the majority of the fondant decorations! 

30th birthday cake.  The cake was low-fat french vanilla.  It is iced in vanilla buttercream and the decorations are fondant.  The ribbon at the bottom is non-edible.

1st birthday smash cake.  The cake was classic white with vanilla buttercream.  Ernie is made of fondant.  And of course, he has to have his rubber duckies! Side note, I made this little boy's momma's baby shower cake (check it out here)...I can't believe he's already 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment