Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's a...

For quite some time now, I've been convinced that our baby was a girl.  I'm not sure why...I guess I bought into the wives tales about the high heart rate and extreme nausea meaning girl.  Well, I found out today that I was wrong!  We went in for our anatomy scan and the woman asked us right off the bat if we wanted to know the sex.  We said yes and she said, well I already know.  It's a boy!  I guess "it" was the first thing she saw on the scan.  I was honestly pretty shocked and Chris was beyond ecstatic. Sweet baby boy was quite active the entire time.  Actually, it seemed like he never stopped moving.  She would be looking at something in the front and all of a sudden he would flip over and we would see his spine.  She was able to point out to us most everything- the stomach, bladder, heart, arms, legs, cerebellum, and of course, his "boy parts".  She also was able to tell us that he weighed 9 ounces, right where he should be for 18 weeks.  However, because baby boy was so active, she wasn't able to get all the pictures of the heart (even though we clearly saw it beating well!) and face that the doctors like to see.  So, we have to go back in 2 weeks for another anatomy scan.  They told us that this is absolutely nothing to worry about...it's normal for this to happen.  I'm excited that we get to see baby again so soon and praying that everything checks out healthy and normal!
It's so much fun to finally call our baby a "he" and maybe even by name soon (but we're keeping that a surprise until April...sorry!).  After our visit we went and bought a few little outfits, of course one of them had little footballs on it.  I am looking forward to starting on the nursery.  Our crib was actually delivered today! I know it seems really early for that but my parents so generously offered to buy it for us, and it was very much on sale.  So, it will sit in the box in the basement for a few months but I'm excited that it's here!  I have diligently been doing my research on baby items and I think we'll start registering soon.  To any of my mom friends, I'd love some advice on things you think are absolutely necessary to have (besides the obvious of course)!
Here are a couple of pictures from our visit today of our sweet baby boy:
 
Sweet boy's foot
Profile view, look at his sweet little nose!
Definitely a boy!
I think he's saying "I'm #1!" 

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Those scans are awesome! You can see your little babe! I'm always so amazed at how they are already a teeny tiny person. Such a miracle.

    And a boy! I'm so excited for you. Boys sure do love their momma's.

    One of my favorite books for registry planning was Baby bargains. It is up to date research on the big stuff - compares things like car seats, strollers, etc and highlights the pro's and con's but also gives tons of good tips on saving money on baby gear and what things you don't *really* need. I read that book inside and out.

    So exciting to get to know your peanut is a "he!" <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words...Cloth diapers. Not for the reason you think, but to use as burp cloths. The burp cloths in the baby section are practically microscopic when the little guy decides to return his breakfast. Besides, after you don't need them for that anymore, they make great dish drying towels. :o)

    ReplyDelete