Thursday, June 13, 2013

Anniversary trip (Hudson first vacation!)

Last week, June 6th, Chris and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary.  We always try to get-away for a few days for our anniversary and we didn't want this year to be any different.  So, we packed up (which takes a little more effort with a 7 week old) and headed to Todd, NC for a few days.  Todd is a little (I mean tiny) town right outside Boone.  To be honest, I got a little nervous driving there because we were literally in the middle of nowhere. I think I asked Chris more than once, "where in the world are we??" But, it turned out to be an adorable cabin and it was actually really nice to be away from all technology (no television, internet, or cell phone service!) and just spend time together. 
We got to the cabin on Tuesday and realized that we at least needed to find a grocery store and gas station so we decided to go into Boone (about 25 minutes away) for the evening.  While we were there we visited the Mast General Store and ate dinner at Macados. 
On Wednesday we went to Elk Knob State Park and Hudson went on his first hike!  I wore him in the Baby Bjorn and we hiked the 4 mile trail.  He slept pretty much the entire time.  I was a little nervous about having a 7 week old at such high altitude but the lady in the park office assured me that it was fine.  It was so nice to get back into hiking and we can't wait to do some more!
On Thursday we just relaxed around the cabin in the morning and headed back to Clemmons by the afternoon.
Overall, it was a great trip and I think Hudson really enjoyed his first vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment