Monday, January 20, 2014

9 months


Measurements: Hudson now weighs 19 lbs, 4 oz putting him in the 41st percentile.  He is still a shrimp at 27.75 inches, 23%.  He has outgrown most of his 9 month onesies (the super fluffy cloth diaper doesn't help either) but fits well into 9 month pants and pjs.  He fits comfortably in 12 month stuff too which is nice- we have a lot of options right now!  

Eats: Hudson nurses 5 times a day, usually about every 3 hours.  He rarely gets a bottle anymore which is fine with me, I do not miss pumping.  I feed him solids 2-3 times a day although it's definitely very hit or miss whether he eats "lunch" or not.  He is Mr Independent when it comes to food and does not want to be fed from a spoon anymore.  The only things I even try with a spoon now are oatmeal and yogurt.  We never did baby food with him (in fact, I'm pretty sure he's never had anything from a jar) so the transition to table food has been easy.  He pretty much eats what we eat.  It is impossible to eat an apple around him because he's obsessed with eating straight off the apple core! His favorite new foods this month are cheese, turkey, and any kind of bread!

Sleeps:  Naps are still great.  Hudson takes his first nap around 10am and generally sleeps 45 min to an hour.  He will go back down between 2:00 and 3:00 and sleep an hour and a half to 2 hrs.  Today he surprised me with 2.5 hours!  Nights aren't always as smooth.  We try to get Hudson is bed by 8pm and he's usually up around 3:30-4am.  Some nights it's as easy as putting his paci back in and he'll fall back asleep- other nights it can take a bit longer.  Generally he will sleep until at least 7am though which is nice.  He occasionally will surprise us and sleep through the night which are the best nights!

Milestones: Hudson is walking along the furniture and I just keep waiting for him to get brave enough to let go and walk!  It wouldn't surprise me if he starts walking soon but we'll see.  He occasionally will crawl without his knees touching the ground and sometimes just hangs out in plank position (he's been watching mommy and daddy do too much Insanity!). He gives high fives and sometimes will wave bye-bye (although it's usually backwards).  He says mama and dada.  I didn't really think he knew what he was saying until today when I was in the kitchen and came crawling in from the living room trying to get to me and the whole time he was saying "mama".  So, I think he at least associates it a little bit with me!

Likes: Hudson still loves Bailey and thinks she is hilarious!  He also loves to feed her- I have to keep a close on on him in the highchair or all his food will go right on the ground for Bailey!  He loves to pull up on everything- his favorite activity is pulling every book off the bookshelf and then, if we aren't looking, tearing the pages!  He also likes to put everything in sight in his mouth! I have to watch him so closely or who knows what he will end up swallowing.  He is enjoying bath time more and more.  He has learned what to do when I say "Hudson, can you splash?"  I usually end up getting pretty wet but it's fun to see him responding to things. 

Dislikes: Oh this is an easy one this month...Hudson doesn't like his momma or daddy out of his sight.  He has developed some major separation anxiety...it's so bad.  We went to church last Sunday night and when we picked him up he was literally shaking because he was crying so hard and had been the entire 1.5 hours we were in service.  Our pediatrician has assured me that it's just a phase and it's completely normal and she would be more concerned if didn't bother him when we left.  It makes me feel awful to leave him when I know that the minute I take him back he will stop crying.  But I know that for both his sake and mine I still have to leave him places like church nursery, no matter how much it pain me to do it. 

How in the world is my sweet boy already three quarters of a year old??  He is growing up so fast and I fall more in love with him every day!





No comments:

Post a Comment