Thursday, January 2, 2014

White Christmas

This was the first year of our five married Christmases that we traveled to Massachusetts to spend the holiday with my family. It was so special for me to be able to share my family's traditions with Hudson on his first Christmas. The car ride was long (totaling 30 hours there and back) but Hudson did great and only had a few minor meltdowns!
We went to church on Christmas Eve, spent a nice quiet morning with my immediate family on Christmas morning, had a late lunch and enjoyed the chaos of being with my aunts, uncles, and cousins into the evening.  It was pretty close to perfect!
The rest of the week was spent with Hudson getting lots of snuggles from Bubs, Lalla, and especially his sweet cousin Ava. We didn't do much...just sat around and talked, laughed, and had lots of family game nights (my cousin Max is never again invited because the rest of us didn't even have a chance in anything we played!).
It's always a little hard to come back to NC but after 8 days away I was certainly happy to be back in my own bed!!
Ava loves her little cousin!


Handsome little man on Christmas eve!


And the stockings were hung..


Hudson's first stocking





Hudson and Heidi

Hudson reading with Harrison


Being so cute is exhausting!

Chris getting in his share of shoveling

sweet grandparent kisses

We finally got to join Friday morning family breakfast


No comments:

Post a Comment