Friday, August 15, 2014

16 months

New things this month: I cannot believe how quickly Hudson is changing! He is talking up a storm and saying so many new words.  He will mimic most anything that I say but new words that he says on his own are "girl', "all done", "all gone", "Bible", "bath", "apple", "shoe", "water", "please", and "thank you". I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting as it seems that he says new things everyday! He is really good at communicating what he wants even if he can't say the word...he will ask me to pick him "up" and then either point or try to turn my body in the direction he wants to go. On another note, I think we officially have a once a day napper.  This was a hard transition and literally took months of being in that in-between stage.  But, for the past week I have waited until after lunch to put him down and he has done well with it  (although he usually only sleeps about 1.5 hrs so I do wish it was a bit longer!).   He's exhausted for bed by 7pm but has been sleeping later than usual- until about 7:30am.

My favorite things about Hudson this month: I love this sweet boy more every day.  I love that he has adjusted so well to us doing foster care again...in fact, I think he really enjoys having built in playmates.  I love that he will come up to me randomly just to give me kisses.  I love that every time he sees a red truck he yells "Daddy!" I love that he dances every time he hears music.  His personality is really emerging and it's adorable! 

It's hard to believe that in just 2 shorts months, my sweet baby will be 1.5 years old!
This is bound to happen when you have two older "sisters"!








No comments:

Post a Comment