Friday, August 1, 2014

Life lately

I have been pretty slack about blogging lately.  Life's a bit busy around here and it's just not on the top of my priority list.  But, I know that someday I'll want to look back and see what we were doing in the summer of 2014!
Well, let's start with the big news.  We have entered the world of foster care again.  We decided right around the time Hudson turned one that it was something we wanted to pursue again but we dragged our feet getting re-licensed.  We had to get physicals, a fire inspection, and do some other paperwork.  We finally got everything finished and turned in a few weeks ago.  Now, the paperwork is all suppose to be sent to Raleigh to be reviewed before your license is re-instated but, in our case, they were so desperate for foster families that they called us the day after they received our paperwork to take a child.  We had been told previously about these kids and knew that it was a sibling group.  So, when they called us to take just the youngest we told them we would either take both or neither.  As much as we didn't feel prepared to take 2, we always feel it's best to keep siblings together.  So, 2 days later we became a "family" of 5.  Obviously I can't share much here but they are 2 little girls.  It's a different experience than we had with the twins....first of all, they are girls and that's just a whole different ballgame than little boys we are learning.  Probably the hardest thing so far has been the constant whining and crying when they don't get what they want.  We are learning pretty quickly to just ignore.  Second, they have been in foster care before so they are a bit "hardened" to it.  All in all, it's been a good first 2 weeks and we have already seen improvements in both of the girls.  Thankfully, Hudson has adjusted really well and seems to love having playmates around.  All day long, when they are at school/camp, he asks about the "girls".  They are really good with Hudson and always want to give him hugs and kisses before leaving in the morning.
I'm still working from home and have been really busy lately.  So,  I pretty much spend every naptime and sometimes after all 3 kids are in bed at my computer.  I am enjoying my work though and have been really challenged with new things this year.  This grant is up in December and we haven't made any decisions yet about whether I'll go back to work full time or not.  This has been a constant matter of prayer lately and but I know that the right doors will open.
Well, I think that's the major things and pretty much all I have time to type.  Hopefully I'll be better about keeping this blog updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment