Sunday, August 24, 2014

Emerald Isle 2014

We returned this afternoon from Emerald Isle, the first time we had been to the beach (in NC) in 4 years!  It was an amazing 4 days away.  With all that has gone on around our house lately, we needed a break from everyday "life" so our beach trip was perfect timing.  I can't say Hudson as a huge fan of the beach itself...he definitely didn't like the water and was a bit undecided about the sand.  Thankfully, Chris' aunt and uncle's house where we stay has a pool and a dock out to the sound so that's where we spent most of our time.  We also made 2 trips to the aquarium- they had a dinosaur exhibit outside but the first time we went it was pouring rain so we didn't get to see it...so we went back to see the "roars", as Hudson calls them.  We also walked through Fort Macon and downtown Beaufort. It did rain pretty hard 2 of the days we were there but we didn't mind.  In fact, it was a really good excuse to do pretty much nothing! I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked but I kept my phone away most of the time because I needed to "unplug" and spend some time with my boys.  We cannot wait to get back to the beach and I can guarantee it will not be another 4 years before we do so!

Still deciding whether or not he likes this "beach" thing
 

He's currently obsessed with any kind of "crackers"...this was his favorite beach activity
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We did a lot of this...just relaxing
The wind-blown beach look ;)
Sometimes you gotta give your kids Oreos to avoid a complete car meltdown.... I was "that" mom today
We are all worn out but it was an awesome getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment