Sunday, January 18, 2015

One and three-quarters

How is it that in just 3 short months, my baby will turn 2?? I feel like he was just born yesterday and now he's 21 months old with a baby brother on the way. Life has way of sneaking up on us, doesn't it? Well, here's a little about my little man right now.

Measurements: We had to take Hudson to the doctor right before Christmas because of another wheezing episode and he weighed 24 lbs and was 31 inches tall. But, that has been a few weeks so I'm not sure now! He is still wearing mostly 18 month pants but fits into some 2T shirts!

Eats: Oh my goodness, my boy must be going through a growth spurt.  I think he eats more than I do!  And, he's not picky at all so I'm so thankful. He loves eggs, oatmeal, Cheerios, ALL fruit, most vegetables, all types of crackers...and MEAT. This kid LOVES meat. He can't get enough of it!  He is finally completely weaned...yes, I nursed my son until he was 20 months old. I got a lot of strange reactions but it worked for us and it was part of our bedtime routine. But, when we went to my parents house for Christmas he got totally off routine and never really asked for it. When we got home, there were a few nights he still wanted to be nursed but really just gave it up on his own.

Sleeps: Something strange happened to Hudson a few months ago...he started waking up in the middle of the night and needing Mommy to put him back to sleep.  We thought it was teething so for weeks we would be up at least once a night with him. But, I slowly begin to realize that it had just become a habit for him to wake up and we had to re-sleep train him. It only took one night of crying it out for him to go back to sleeping well thankfully! Now, he is in bed between 7 and 7:30 and usually sleeps 12 hours. He naps around noon and will sleep anywhere from 1-2 hrs.

Milestones: Hudson talks NON-STOP. I love his little chatter. He has started playing very creatively...his favorite thing is "going to the grocery store" and "making dinner". He can sing a ton of songs including his ABCs (although he always misses at least a few). He can count to 10 but usually skips "2" and "7" is for some reason always "11". We are working on colors and they are hit or miss...he generally recognizes blue, pink, and purple but the rest get jumbled. I feel like he is learning new things everyday and it's so fun to watch!

Likes: Hudson's new favorite toys are anything he can pull out of my kitchen cabinets. Like I said, he loves to "cook" so he will gather his ingredients and "make me dinner"....it's almost always some kind of "soup" ;)  He loves our dog and the feeling is mutual. She sleeps right outside his door at night and is very protective. Hudson loves animals of all kinds and gets so excited anytime we drive by somewhere with horses. And, like all little boys, he loves tractors!

Dislikes: I am thankful that Hudson has a very happy disposition!  He is generally in a good mood. But, if he sees something he wants (usually food) and is told NO, he can have a major meltdown tantrum. I'm learning to ignore the tantrums and Hudson usually gets over it pretty quickly.  

We love our sweet boy SO SO much!  I am so thankful to be his Mommy.  It's hard to believe that the next time I post, he will be TWO!




No comments:

Post a Comment