Saturday, June 27, 2015

A non-kid related post

It's 9:15 on Saturday night. My husband is at a guy's only cookout and both my kids are in bed. So, I figured I would spend a few minutes on the little 'ole blog and maybe write about something other than my kids! 

1. I went back to work on Thursday.  It was actually really nice to get out of the house and have some real adult conversation (and making a little money didn't hurt either). Have I mentioned here how thankful I am for this job?  I don't work much (in fact, I only have 5 days scheduled between now and September) but I really enjoy what I'm doing, have great co-workers, and am so thankful for the flexibility to be home with my boys most of the time but still have the opportunity to work as much or as little as I want.

2. I need a post-baby wardrobe pick-me-up. So, for our anniversary this year Chris told me to treat myself to some clothes. But. the thought of shopping with 2 little ones in tow is not at all appealing. So, I thought I would give Stitch Fix a try.  Heard of it?  Basically you pay a $20 "stylist fee" and they send you 5 items of clothing based on the style profile you fill out. Then, if you keep any of the items the $20 is credited to your account.  Sounded like a good idea to me. So, I filled out my profile and anxiously awaited my box in the mail.  It came yesterday and it was a BUST. Bummer.  I had such high hopes!  I had specifically asked for some summer shorts and shirts but my box included a pair of $98 jeans (there was a time I would have paid that for jeans but not now with 4 people in my family to clothe!), a long sleeve shirt that I actually really liked but it was $58 and obviously not practical in this 100 degree heat wave, 2 shirts I just didn't like, and a $40 necklace. My sweet husband saw how disappointed I was and offered to keep the boys one soon morning so I could go shopping by myself and get a few items.

3. We joined the YMCA!  We went back and forth about it because it's not exactly factored into our budget but we decided last week to bite the bullet and do it!  I have only been once so far to a cycle class with my friend Alison but I look forward to trying out lots more classes!  Running just isn't going to be so easy now because we don't have a double jogging stroller.  So, I'm thankful to have an exercise alternative.  Also, I'm so excited to take Hudson to the pool occasionally. It's important to me that he's comfortable in the water and hopefully learn to swim sooner rather than later.

4. I'm going to Boston in 2 weeks!  Weston and I will be going from Friday-Monday as I'm hosting a bridal shower for my best friend Emily on Saturday. It's been tricky planning the shower long distance but thankfully my mom and another one of the bridesmaids is helping me. And then, I'll be traveling back up in early August with both boys (by myself! on an airplane! eek!) for the wedding. I'm so excited for Emily and can't wait to see all my family and friends at the shower and wedding!

And with that, I'm off to bed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment