Thursday, April 22, 2010

On Tuesday morning my Nonni went into the hospital for a routine hernia surgery. Well, there were some complications and she ended up going back into emergency surgery and then was on a breathing tube overnight. When they extubated her finally her heart rate sky-rocketed and her blood pressure dropped throwing her into atrial fibrillation. I don't know a super lot about a-fib but I know enough to scare me. So, they were going to wait it out and see if maybe the heart was just being compressed by the fluid built up from the surgery and hopefully the a-fib would work itself out. If not, they would have to perform a cardioversion. Thank the Lord, it worked itself out. So, Nonni is resting at the hospital and will probably be there for a little while longer.

This all really scared me. I love my Nonni so much and can't imagine the world without her! She brings so much joy to everyone one meets. One of my favorite Nonni memories is her dancing with Chris on our wedding day. She's so vibrant and spunky- I don't like imagining her laying in a hospital bed. Moments like this make is 100 times harder to live so far away......


1 comment:

  1. Oh Abbie, I am so sorry to hear this! It is so hard to be so far from our families at times like this. I'll keep your Nonni in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete