Tuesday, April 6, 2010

family love

I had such a great visit with my family this past weekend. I loved every minute with all of them. I am so thankful to be part of such a loving family. You would think that it would be getting easier to say "see you later" to them since I have to do it so often. But, it seems that the longer I live 900 miles away, the harder it gets. There's a part of me that, at times, feels selfish for moving so far away. I feel like I took something away from my parents. I know I shouldn't feel this way...it's natural to grow up and move on with life. I do love my life here in NC and wouldn't trade it for anything. But, when is it going to feel ok that I'm so far away? I'm just waiting for that first time that I actually don't cry when we all have to go our separate ways at the end of a visit. Oh what a sweet day it will be when they all finally move down here! A girl can dream, right??

1 comment:

  1. I share that dream! My parents just walked out the door an hour ago after visiting for a weekend and I'm homesick for them already!

    ReplyDelete