Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cakes...and more cakes

I have made several cakes since I last posted about cakes...
  The first was a "tie dye" theme cake where the actual cake itself was tie dye.  I basically took one cake batter, split it 4 ways, and added a different color to each one and poured it into the pan.  I also made some tie dye fondant.  It was a fun cake to make!
I also had the pleasure of making several cakes and cupcakes for a little boy's 1st birthday. Since he was born on 3-21, they naturally had a 3-2-1 blastoff party!  The cakes were all classic white with vanilla buttercream.  The cupcakes were half strawberry and half devils food cake.  The giant cupcake was used for his 1st birthday photo shoot. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!
The last cake I made was another owl theme baby shower cake.  This time it was for a boy so I used blues and browns.  This was the first time I used a fruit filling and it turned out really well!  So, the cake was classic white with raspberry filling.  The icing was vanilla buttercream.
And here's the photo dump...









No comments:

Post a Comment