Thursday, March 15, 2012

Our night away...

Last weekend Chris and I had the opportunity to get away for an evening.  For Chris' birthday I had bought him tickets to see Casting Crowns (an awesome band if you've never heard them) in Charlotte.  My parents generously got a hotel room for us so we could make it a night get-away.  My good friend Alison and her husband kept the boys for us (THANK YOU!).  However, on Saturday morning a few hours before we were suppose leave, I wasn't so sure we were going to be able to go.  One of the boys was running a fever and Alison is 26 weeks pregnant so the last thing I wanted was for her to catch a bug.  So, I called her and explained the situation but she assured me that it was fine.  I felt sort of guilty leaving but we had planned this trip for so long, and Alison and Paul insisted it was fine, so off we went. You guys are the best!!
The concert was absolutely amazing.  The music itself was awesome but the testimony of the band was the best part.  They obviously have a big heart for kids/orphans and it really showed in both their music and words.  They even had an intermission where they had World Vision representatives set-up all around the arena and also had a information table about America World Adoption.  Mark Hall, the lead singer, and his wife adopted a little girl from China and really have a heart for adoption.  It is incredible to see people really living our God's plea to his people to "care for the widows and orphans".  It encouraged Chris and I a lot.  If you know us, you know that we want to adopt someday whether or not we are able to have our own children.  So, to see "celebrities" who are exemplifying this is awesome to us.
On another note, this was our first night away in 7 months.  We really did miss the boys.  It was sort of sad not putting them to bed that night but I knew they were in very good hands with the Hicks!
Here are a few pictures from the concert.  Sorry they are terrible quality because they were taken on my phone but I couldn't post this without at least one picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment