Thursday, March 8, 2012

The new normal

Life has changed a lot over the past 7 months (that's right, we've had the boys for 7 months today!).   There have been so many days that I have said (selfishly) that I am looking forward to life getting "back to normal".  But, lately I've realized that this is the new normal.  This is how life is suppose to be, for however long it's going to last.  Let me tell you a few things that are "the new normal".

  •  Waking up Being woken up between 6 and 6:30 every single day.
  • A messy house.  It seems that no matter how many times I pick up the random toys, socks, clothing, etc. around the house, it mysteriously re-appears in a matter of minutes.
  • Having songs like "Old McDonald" stuck in my head.  
  • Noise.  Constant noise throughout the house.  Unless of course the boys are sleeping.  Thank goodness for naptime!
  • Doing at least 6 loads of laundry a week.  At least.
  • Dinner time taking at least 30 minutes now instead of 10.  We have issued a new dinner time rule.  No talking until you are done eating.  Think that sounds mean?  Come and join us for dinner one night and you will see that it is not mean but, in fact, very necessary.
I think I could write a book about the changes we have experienced around the Wrights household. But, like I said, it's getting more and more "normal" everyday.  Honestly, Chris and I can't imagine having a house without kids now.  Sometimes we'll look at each other and say "how did we even spend our time before the boys came to live with us?"  We honestly, despite how difficult it has been, feel so blessed to have these two little boys as part of our "family" right now.  We don't know what will happen in the next weeks, months, years to come, but for now we're enjoying this crazy, chaotic everyday life!

No comments:

Post a Comment