Saturday, April 13, 2013

40 weeks

Well, yesterday was my due date and still no signs of baby.  But, that's ok.  I know that he'll come when he's good and ready and not a second before (well, unless he lingers around too long).

I had my 40 week appointment on Thursday.  I was confident that I had made at least a little progress.  I had walked between 4-5 miles every day the week before...surely that had helped some?  Unfortunately it didn't.  I had made zero progress since my last appointment.  I was still just 1 measly cm dilated.  I had a not-so-small breakdown in the doctor's office (poor doc, must have thought I was crazy).  But, over the last few days I have come to realize that this baby is going to come sooner or later, and no amount of me worrying is going to help.

So, I'm trying to enjoy my last few baby-free days.  Thankfully I'm still incredibly comfortable and have no complaints about being pregnant.  Tonight Chris and I are going on a date...something that might not happen again for a while so I'm thankful for the opportunity.  My parents will arrive on Monday and I look forward to spending a few quality weeks with them.  As much as I cannot wait to meet my son, I know the Lord's timing is perfect!

Here's what I looked like on my due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment