Monday, April 22, 2013

Week one

How is Hudson already a week old?! I have loved every second with my little man, it's crazy how much love you can have for one little person! We have had an eventful week so far. Chris and I have always said that we wanted to stay as active as possible even with a newborn. My parents have been here since they day he was born which has been super helpful...I have actually had a chance to shower everyday! Also, Hudson is a champion sleeper so far so neither Chris or I feel sleep deprived...yet. 
Anyways, our first outing (other than the doctor) was to Daddy's softball game last Thursday. Hudson must be good luck because they won! We have gone on lots of walks including one at Tanglewood. I am so thankful we made the investment in a good stroller, we love the BOB!! Hudson loves to move so anytime he gets in the stroller, carseat, or swing he goes fast asleep. We successfully made it to church yesterday. I wore him in the Baby Bjorn and he slept the entire service.  Hudson had his first (sponge) bath last night.  He didn't seem to mind it at all!
We just had our one week doctors appointment and Hudson is a breast feeding champ!! He is already 7 lbs 2 oz...he gained 7 oz since our initial appointment and is up 5 oz from his birth weight!! I'm proud of us...I was nervous about breast feeding but Hudson has done awesome!
Here are a few pictures from our first week at home!

Going to the doctor's!
One week check-up...7 lbs 2 oz!
After the first bath
Cool dude with his mohawk
Hi mom!
Precious daddy/son time
What are you looking at??

2 comments:

  1. So precious Abbie! He is adorable. Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so darling! I am so glad to hear you are soaking in every moment. These first weeks are so fast and blurry... enjoy, enjoy! And yay for champion sleeper. Hope it keeps up!

    ReplyDelete