Friday, April 5, 2013

Thankful at 39 weeks

Yesterday we had our 39 week appointment and left the doctor's office pretty discouraged.  I haven't made much (or any) progress since my 38 week appointment so this baby is probably going to hang out for a while longer before making an appearance.  When I asked the doctor what I could do to get things progressing he basically said "be active".  I'm not sure how much more active I can be at this point!  But, I woke up this morning realizing that this baby is going to come when he's good and ready, not when I think I'm ready.  And, I also realized that I have a ton to be thankful for:

1)  Other than the morning sickness, I have had a very easy pregnancy.  I have still been able to exercise and continue my daily routine without any problems.
2)  I am still very comfortable.  I have no swelling and have lots of energy to do what I need to do.
3)  I am able to sleep (relatively) well.  I'm not sure any woman, at 39 weeks, can sleep fabulously with a baby laying on her bladder...but I do feel pretty well rested most days which I'm thankful for. 
4)  The longer this baby stays in, the better I guess at this point.  He has measured small the whole time and staying put another week (or 2) will allow him to gain some weight.  Yesterday he was weighing in at an estimated 6 lbs 10 oz...a whole 12 oz more than 2 weeks ago!  So, I guess we won't have such a tiny baby after all.
5)  As anxious as I am to meet our little guy, these last few weeks are something to cherish with my husband.  Never again will we be a family of 2!  So, hopefully this can be a special time that we can savor.

Here's a picture taken a few days ago...not the best angle but I'm definitely growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment