Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A special weekend

I spent last weekend in Massachusetts with my family and it was a really special trip for a lot of reasons.  We were able to celebrate some birthdays, my mom and Emily planned a great baby shower, but most of all, it was my last baby-free trip for a long long time!  On the airplane, I kept thinking how it might be a tad more difficult the next time I flew, with an infant in tow!
I arrived in Boston on Friday afternoon.  That evening we went to Flatbread Pizza (a family favorite) to celebrate my nephew Devon's 15th birthday.  Can somebody tell me how he is so old already?? 

 Was this picture not just taken like...yesterday??
Nope, now he won't pose for pictures...because he's 15, and too cool ;)

On Saturday my mom and Emily threw such a special baby shower for me with lots of family and friends.  I was overwhelmed by people's generosity- baby Wrights is so loved and spoiled already!  I really wish I had taken more pictures to capture the day but I guess I was just too busy having fun :)  But, here are a few pictures that I took!



One of the awesome hostesses, my mom!
My precious niece Ava Joy

The other awesome hostess!!
I received so many special gifts and appreciate and cherish every single one of them.  My mom's sister, Janet, is so very talented and crafty and made this incredible quilt to go with our nursery theme.  Chris and I both love it and are so excited for our baby boy to have it for many many years to come!


On Sunday morning we went to church.  My baby boy was especially active while my dad was preaching.  Dad, your grandson already loves you so much!
After church we spent the day relaxing and visiting one of my dear friends, Mallory.  We ended the day watching the Patriots game, which we'd all probably rather forget.  Apparently our littlest cheerleader didn't quite cheer loud enough!  But, she sure looked cute doing it :)


On Monday morning (which happened to be my dad's birthday..Happy Birthday Dad!) I said goodbye to my family and headed back to NC.  As always, it was hard to leave after such a wonderful weekend but it's exciting to know that the next time I head north, we'll have a new addition to our family! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment