Wednesday, January 9, 2013

An unexpected blessing!

Yesterday Chris and I went to the doctor for my 26 week appointment.  We thought we were just going for my glucose tolerance test (which, by the way, is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be!) and a regular check up.  But, we got a little surprise!  You see, back at our 18 week appointment, when they did baby boy's initial anatomy scan, my placenta was low which can cause problems in delivery if it doesn't correct itself.  So, they told me I would need another ultrasound around 28 weeks to re-check it.  However, because little man was so squirmy during that first anatomy scan, I ended up having another one 2 weeks later (at 20 weeks) and the tech told me that my placenta had already moved and looked fine.  But, much to our surprise yesterday, the physician's assistant that did my appointment decided that we should check it again, just to be sure.  So, we were able to see baby boy again and, my goodness, has he grown!  He is now 1 lb 14 oz which puts him in the 35th percentile.  He's a little peanut for now...I have a feeling he won't always be that way (I have been told a few times recently that the mother's height has a lot to do with the height of her children so we're bound to have tall kids)!
Anyways, everything looked great with baby and placenta, thank goodness.  We were grateful simply for the opportunity to see baby again one last time before he makes his grand entrance into this world.  But, we were even more grateful when the sweet ultrasound tech switched the ultrasound to 4D for just a minute for us to see!  We had decided not to schedule a 4D ultrasound because of the extra cost so this was such a sweet blessing!  Here are a few pictures of our little man.  It's pretty amazing what they can do these days!


1 comment: