Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy 30th Birthday Chris!!

Last Friday Chris turned the big 3-0!  He has been dreading this for a while, but we had a nice few days to celebrate.  The birthday week celebration actually started on Wednesday when I surprised him with tickets to the Duke basketball game that night.  He is a huge Duke fan so, needless to say, he was really excited about this gift.  My parents were still in town at that point so they graciously watched the boys for the evening for us to we could travel to Charlotte to watch Duke beat Davidson.  We had a really great time and hopefully it's a birthday gift that Chris will remember for a long time.
On Chris' actual birthday we had a small group of friends over for a game night, one of our favorite things to do.  As usual, Catch Phrase got a bit heated and gave us all some great laughs.
Chris has been telling me for a while that for his birthday he wanted chocolate cake with chocolate icing and Oreos on top.  Well, he got his wish...twice!  I made two cakes, one for Friday night and one for the lovely family dinner we had at Cities on Saturday.  So, if you are craving some chocolate cake, just come over to the Wrights household, we have plenty left!
 
 
 Chris, I am so thankful for you and for the past 5 birthdays that I have had the joy to celebrate with you.  I pray that we have many many more together!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment